Mr. Gehring is a shareholder in the Milwaukee office. His area of practice is civil litigation, with a focus on insurance defense, insurance coverage, municipal law and school law.
Mr. Gehring obtained his bachelor's degree from the University of Massachusetts (B.A. political science and economics, cum laude, 2003). He obtained his law degree from the University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2006), where he was a project assistant for two professors and was an intern at the law school's Legal Assistance to Institutionalized Persons Project.
Mr. Gehring was raised in Heidelberg, Germany.
- J.D. from the University of Wisconsin Law School, cum laude,
- B.A. in Political Science and Economics, minor in German from the University of Massachusetts, cum laude,
- U.S. District Court-Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court-Western District of Wisconsin
- Honors & Recognitions
- Included in the 2011-2014 editions of SuperLawyers Rising Star listing
- Professional Memberships and Associations
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Prior Work Experience
- During law school, Mr. Gehring interned and then served as a project assistant at the University of Wisconsin Law School's Legal Assistance to Institutionalized Persons Project. He also interned at a German civil litigation law firm in Heidelberg, Germany.
- "Brethorst v. Allstate: A Turn in the Tide of Wisconsin Bad Faith Law?",
Spring 2012 edition of the Wisconsin Civil Trial Journal,
- Reported Decisions
Brethorst v. Allstate, 2011 WI 41, 334 Wis. 2d 23, 798 N.W. 2d 467