Thomas Rohe is a shareholder in the Milwaukee Office.
He was born in Menasha, Wisconsin, and was raised in the Menasha & Gresham areas. He obtained a B.A. in Economics and Political Science at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, graduating with honors in 1985. He attended Duke University School of Law in Durham, North Carolina, on the Dunspaugh-Dalton Merit Scholarship, and received his J.D. in 1988.
After a year with a management labor law firm, Mr. Rohe switched to worker's compensation defense. He has been practicing worker's compensation defense exclusively since 1989, and has received an AV-rating, the highest possible, from Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory.
Mr. Rohe has given over 25 presentations to legal, industrial and insurance organizations on various aspects of worker's compensation law. He has been a presenter at the State Bar of Wisconsin's Advanced Worker's Compensation Symposium, which explores complex medical/legal issues, on three occasions. He has also spoken in front of organizations such as the Wisconsin Manufacturers and Commence, the Wisconsin Association of Worker's Compensation Attorneys, the Milwaukee Insurance Adjusters Association, and at the State Bar of Annual Worker's Compensation Update.
Mr. Rohe has authored a booklet on The Most Significant 25 Cases in Wisconsin Worker's Compensation, which is intended as a case law supplement to the Department of Workforce Development's Worker's Compensation Statute Book.
Mr. Rohe has developed a subspecialty in unusually complex worker's compensation matters, particularly involving pulmonary and allergy cases. Having successfully handled over 100 cases of this nature, Mr. Rohe is considered a leading expert in this area.
- J.D. Duke University School of Law,
- B.A. Economics and Political Science, University of Wisconsin-Madison,
- State of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court-Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court-Western District of Wisconsin
- Honors & Recognitions
- Dunspaugh-Dalton Merit Scholarship, Duke University School of Law
- Rated AV-Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell
- Wisconsin's Top Rated Lawyers 2012 & 2013
- Professional Memberships and Associations
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Defense Counsel
- Community Involvement
- Guardian Ad Litem, Durham County, North Carolina, 1986-1988
- Milwaukee Insurance Adjusters Association, Vice President, 1995-1996
- Reported Decisions
Michels Pipeline Construction v. LIRC, 2008 WI App 55
DaimlerChrysler v. LIRC, 2007 WI 15
Town of Russell Volunteer Fire Dept. v. LIRC, 223 Wis. 2d 723 (Ct. App. 1998)
Hermax Carpet Marts v. LIRC, 220 Wis. 2d 611 (Ct. App. 1998)
Hagen v. LIRC, 210 Wis. 2d 12 (1997) (wrote amicus brief for Wisconsin Insurance Alliance)
Wright v. LIRC, 210 Wis. 2d 289 (Ct. App. 1997)
Harnischfeger Corp. v. LIRC, 196 Wis. 2d 650 (1995)
Universal Foods v. LIRC, 161 Wis. 2d 1 (Ct. App. 1991)
• Best Practices in Worker's Compensation
• Discovering The Truth: Investigative Techniques in Workers' Compensation Cases
• Functional Capacity Evaluations
• He's Hurt, He's Back & He's a Pain in the Neck: The Operation of the Unreasonable Refusal to Rehire Statute
• Life on the Cutting Edge: Honthaners, Mireles and the Law of Disability
• Procedural Forms in Wisconsin Worker's Compensation
• The Law of Occupational Hearing Loss
• The Most Significant 25 Cases in Wisconsin Worker's Compensation
• Trying the Pulmonary Case: Demystifying Lung Medicine