Kristin is a shareholder in the Milwaukee office. Her focus practice area is worker's compensation defense. She represents insurance carriers and self-insured employers in all aspects of the worker's compensation process, including administrative hearings, appeals, and third-party liability matters. She also represents employers with regards to uninsurable penalty claims including safety violations, refusal to rehire, and bad faith.
Kristin is a 2005 graduate of Valparaiso University School of Law. During law school, she interned with the United States Attorney's Office and Lake County Superior Court. She was also active in the Valparaiso's Civil Law Clinic.
- Valparaiso School of Law - J.D.,
- University of Wisconsin-Whitewater (B.B.A. in Human Resource Management; Paralegal Certificate; received academic honors),
- Honors & Recognitions
- Super Lawyer's Rising Star Listing (2013 - 2016)
- Professional Memberships and Associations
- American Bar Association
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- Milwaukee Insurance Adjusters Association (MIAA)
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Association of Worker's Compensation Attorneys (WAWCA)
- Community Involvement
- Kids' Chance of Wisconsin, Board of Directors
- Wills for Heroes (2009-2011)
• Case Law & Statutory Update (2009-2017)
• Independent Medical Evaluations: Maximizing Effectiveness as A Defense Tool
• Introduction to Wisconsin Worker's Compensation Law
• Occupational Disease Cases: Effective Use of an Ergonomic Analysis
• Second Injury Fund: What Role Does it Play?
• Temporary Disability: Implications of Misconduct & Substantial Fault
• Worker's Compensation Claim Investigation & Good Faith Denials