Mr. Cabush is a shareholder in the law firm. He concentrates his practice in state and federal court civil litigation. Mr. Cabush represents corporate clients, insurance companies and individuals in the areas of commercial litigation, employment practices liability, construction accidents, premises liability, product liability, automobile accidents, bad faith, professional liability and environmental liability. Mr. Cabush has won jury trials across the State of Wisconsin. He has handled appeals before the Wisconsin Supreme Court and Court of Appeals and the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mr. Cabush represents employers in state and federal cases involving breach of contract, wrongful discharge, discrimination, overtime pay and many other employment related matters. He assists employers in handling matters arising under state and federal statutes and regulations such as the Family Medical Leave Act, the Americans With Disabilities Act, and the Fair Labor Standards Act. He responds on behalf of employers to investigations by the Wisconsin Equal Rights Division and the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Mr. Cabush represents municipalities and governmental agencies in civil rights cases arising under 42 USC Sec. 1983. He also defends municipalities in actions seeking certiorari review and writs of mandamus.
Mr. Cabush defends insurance companies and their insureds in all types of civil litigation. Mr. Cabush advises insurance companies on liability and insurance coverage issues. He also represents several large self-insured corporations and entities. He has successfully defended his clients in several large complex litigation cases in which the damages claimed against his clients exceeded one million dollars.
- University of Wisconsin Law School - J.D.,
- Marquette University - B.S. - Business Administration,
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court-Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court-Western District of Wisconsin
- Honors & Recognitions
- AV rated in Martindale Hubbell
- Professional Memberships and Associations
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Defense Counsel
- Community Involvement
- Chairperson of the Special Preliminary Review Panel of the Office of Lawyer Regulation
- Past member and Chairperson District 2 Investigative Committee of Office of Lawyer Regulation.
- Prior Work Experience
- 1992 - 1993 served as law clerk to Justice Jon P. Wilcox of the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
- Reported Decisions
Alexander v. Auer Steel & Heating Co., 2015 WI App. 28
Donald J. Thoma v. Village of Slinger, 2015 WI App. 1970
Jay's Petro Mart, LLC v. Muhammad Nasir Khan d/b/a Solo Oil, 2013 WI APP 2278
Rebholz v. Lakeland Leisure Corp., 2010 WI APP 364
Wagner v. Cincinnati Casualty Co., 2010 AP 1195
Aul v. Golden Rule Ins. Co., 2007 WI App 165
Gorman v. Dahlberg, 2004 Wisc. App. LEXIS 1003 (Ct. App. 2004)
Kustelski v. Taylor, 2003 Wisc. App. LEXIS 726 (Ct. App. 2003)
Lodl v. Progressive Northern Ins. Co., 2002 WI 71
Griffin v. Milwaukee Transport Services, Inc., 2001 WI App. 124
Rolland v. County of Milwaukee, 2001 WI App 53
Howard v. Milwaukee Area Technical & Adult Education District, 223 Wis. 2d 799 (Ct. App. 1998)
Jacobs v. Winky Food Products, 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 121077
Marine Travelift, Inc. v. Marine Lift Systems, LLC, 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 170825
Thermal Design v. Indoor Courts of America, Inc., 2004 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 6341 (W.D. Wis. 2004)
• Slip & Fall Liability Claims - How to Protect Yourself Before and After a Claim